Saturday, February 11, 2012

sto. niño // floats

Good morning, everyone!
This is a long overdue post. Sorry :D
Picture Overload ahead, too.

Ever since I was a baby, Mudra used to take me to the Sto. Niño parade.
The procession happens every last Sunday of January starting from the World Trade Center compound up to Rizal Park.

Hundreds of devotees dressed up and arranged their Baby Jesus images. 

 

Creative floats of the Sto. Niño are highlighted.



Look at that! They're very creative, actually.

 

There were 175 floats. And there were even some numbers with "sub-floats" (See that orange float? 68-C, there was a 68-A and B)
And for other floats, there were like 10 images. So many baby Sto. Niños! :D

 

Sorry, I was only using my HTC so the pictures are slightly blurred. The lights on the left float were actually small carousels, they were just so cute. Too bad the picture didn't do much justice :(

 

And that is the float of Our Lady of Manaoag. She's the final float to go.
I always look forward to seeing her, every year.

Well, I hope I didn't bore you that much!
I'll be posting costumes of dance troupes, soon :D


No comments:

Post a Comment